Vijay Vallabh Hospital | Fire Broke In Mumbai ICU
Yes, you read it right, this mishappening happend in Mumbai Vijay Vallabh Hospital Covid Care hospital in Virar West on today morning. The fire broke out inside the ICU ward where the covid-19 patients were getting treated. 17 patients were admitted and according to the sources the fire kills 13 patients. A short circuit is believed to have caused the fire at 3:15 AM today,the fire started in the air conditioning unit of the hospital’s ICU. And soon as they get to know about Firefighters were called and they were able to extinguish the blaze by 5:20 AM.
As soon as they get rid of fire, they start shifting the remainig patient to other hospital and start gettinf the treatment. The incident caused the oxygen supply to be disrupted for 30 minutes. According to an NDTV report, all those who died in the incident were on ventilators and required constant supply of oxygen.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav has aannounced that the families of the victims will receive Rs 5 lakh each and those who are critically injured will be given Rs 1 lakh each.
This a tragic incident and The cause of the fire should be investigated properly and the persons who are responsible would not be spare.